Thursday, October 13

Serving in Haiti

Friends!

It's hard to believe that God does such amazing things in all our lives. Through hardship comes beauty. After sorrow comes joy. I've seen this come true in my own life, time and again. When I was in Honduras a few years ago, I remember the smiling faces of boisterous children in the orphanage where I served. They had walked through incredible suffering, but they were filled with joy! Why? Because they had learned of a God that loved them, cared for them, and provided for them. I've learned this lesson firsthand in the last couple of years. To have lost my sister last year, and now see God bringing my family even closer to Him and to each other... there is joy to be known after deep, deep loss. The Psalmist sang to the Lord, "You have turned my mourning into dancing" and I know the Lord still does that all the time.

This is my heart and my desire for Haiti. The last time I was there was 8 years ago, and the spiritual oppression was palpable. How could God do something good in Haiti? It seemed impossible. And then an earthquake struck and brought the greatest devastation Haiti has ever known. Yet I have heard many stories of God turning sorrow to joy in the wake of last year's tragedy. There is revival taking place. There are new believers every day! When Vintage21 Church decided to partner with Global Aid Network in Chambrun, Haiti, I knew I would go. What a privilege to not only see, but participate, in the wonderful things God is doing there!

While I'm there, I will help teach some women in the village how to sew and make other goods and crafts that help them provide for their families. Our team will also help give eye exams and distribute prescription glasses to those that need them, and we'll have time to get to know kids around the neighborhood as we share the love of Jesus with them. I CAN'T WAIT!

I'd love for you to commit to pray for our team. We will be in Haiti Nov.12-19 and don't want to waste a single moment. Pray that we would be intentional, and that we would have lots of opportunities to serve the community well. I also need a few more supporters to help me raise the remaining $220 to go next month. Please consider what you could give. Every little bit will help! Finally, talk to me. That sounds funny, but I mean it. Ask me about my trip before, during, and after. Write me an email. Call me. I'd love to have you interested in this trip.

Thank you so much for being in my life and encouraging me!

I can't wait to post pictures and tell you more about the trip.

-Anne Marie

Global Aid Network: http://gainusa.org/whoweare

Vintage21 Church: http://www.vintage21.com/

If you'd like to support me financially, please send donations through PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/ for annemaroo@gmail.com

Or I can send you my address if you prefer to mail a check.

No comments: