Wednesday, February 9

Wednesday Weigh-In

Oh boy. You know what this means.

I've changed my diet. Somehow my diet became a carb-loading one, and I just don't have the figure for that ::understatement:: Not to mention the fact that I put on 20 pounds in 2010... Errr, it was not my best year. Which means that I loved cake "like a fat kid loves cake." Not awesome.

I'm hitting the gym. Or the trail. Or the pavement. Some exercise, everyday. I took kickbox class on Monday, and am hereby officially (mentally) renaming it kickbutt class, because that is what it did to me.

I'm limiting myself to 1000-1200 calories a day, and 80 - 120 carbs a day. My diet is mostly produce, legumes, and some lean meat. Not to mention the 8 - 10 glasses of water I'm having everyday. I don't even remember what soda tastes like right now. Mmmm soda.

Low point.

So, to get to the weigh-in-
I've lost 7 pounds!

YAY! Happy day. Oh, and today my mom has been cancer free for five years, so she wins the "big deal of the day" award. Love her. Love you. Thanks for stopping by the blogaroo.

Here's a recipe in case you feel like eating what I'm eating these days (it was spectacular, btw):

Insane Vegetable Soup
Ingredients:
  • Non-stick, no fat cooking spray
  • 2/3 cup carrots, sliced
  • 1/2 cup onions, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 3 cups fat-free broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
  • 1 1/2 cups green cabbage, shredded
  • 1/2 cup green beans
  • 1 tbsp. tomato paste
  • 1/2 tsp. basil
  • 1/4 tsp. oregano
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup diced zucchini

  • Directions:
  • Spray a large saucepan with non-stick cooking spray.

  • Saute carrots, onions and garlic over a low heat for 5 minutes over a low heat to help them soften.

  • Add broth, cabbage, green beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt.

  • Increase heat and bring to a boil.

  • Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until beans are tender.

  • Stir in zucchini and return to simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.

  • 1 comment:

    Rey De Armas said...

    Congrats, Anne! That's awesome!