Thursday, October 23

Texting

Texting. It's like a drug. Or maybe a sport. That's a better analogy. It's addictive, but it's also competitive. That's right - there are levels. Some people text IN ALL CAPS. THEY "SAY" THEY'RE NOT YELLING, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER. ALL CAPS IS YELLING. Other people use codes, like: "Thx 4 gr8 wknd. LOL. CuL8r." It doesn't matter if they know things I don't know; it's still stupid-looking. Other people text in silence. They sense the phone receiving a text or call; they are like animals in the wild. Still, their texts aren't silent. My roommate is this caliber of texter. She can text with the best of them. But there's this constant, annoying "click click, clickclickclick, click!" like this clip shows...

Finally, and possibly the most stealth and competitive of all is the blind texter. No, they aren't blind. But if they were, they would text just the same. Why? They don't even look. They have it all memorized. The sheer amount of texts they have sent have engrained the keypad and sequences of numbers and letters into their minds forever. Bizarre.
I probably, sadly, belong to the third or fourth category. Or another, fifth one, because I am just that awesome. It hasn't even been invented yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the click click click. lol. I always silence my keyboard b/c I can't stand that sound.

Alex DOESN'T silence his keyboard and I just here the click click click whenever he's texting or googling or whatever.

For the love of God, people, silence your keyboards!!!

Lauren said...

I think this weekend I'm going to unsilence my keyboard just for kristel!

Brigitte said...

LOL! I love it.
I hate the clicking too, but unfortunately, I'm stuck with it (no i-phone silencing technology for lame samsung).
I'm kinda ashamed. I'm a blind texter. It's scary. On top of that, I am a compulsive (silent) speller. When I'm bored I spell words out for fun. Now I spell with letters and numbers. Lame.