Sunday, January 8

Melancholic Melodies

First, I'll say that I don't know half as many great bands as I should. So if someone is obviously missing from my next few sentences...tell me!
I have been in quite the nostalgic, thoughtful, and even sad "music mood." I'm not miserable, but I just think melancholic songs are so beautiful. Yesterday I listened to Bon Iver all day. And I have such fondness for Fleet Foxes, Sufjan Stevens, the Civil Wars, Iron & Wine. I mean, you know all these guys. That they're worth a listen isn't news.
But today I stumbled across my favorite kind of band - a married duet.
Phillip LaRue (from my teen years of CCM love) and his wife have formed Us & Our Daughters.
Mmmm mmm good.
Have a listen.

At the very least, click this video. You'll love 'em.


If you don't already know of some fantastic marrieds making music, check out these guys, too:
Waterdeep
Mates of State
The Weepies

1 comment:

Ben said...

Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) and you will be clad you did