Thursday, May 13

10 artists you should be listening to

Music recommendations were really more up my sister's alley. She had a whole blog devoted to music. I should at least throw out a blog post.
I first want to share some beautiful local talent.
1. Lots of people know of Jess Ray and the Rag Tag Army. If you don't, you should ;)
2. I have a lovely friend who is currently working on her EP. When she gets it, and when she performs, you. must. run. Not walk. Sam Crowder. Her songs run around in my head for days, and she's just the most amazing woman.
3. Union County. Enjoy the harmonies. Especially on "Fresh On My Mind."

And then I have some favorites that you probably already know-
4. I not only enjoy listening to them; when I grow up I want to be them. Waterdeep. For real.
5. and aside from that (but still half of Waterdeep) is Lori Chaffer. Listen to "Diana." It's gold.
6. Sandra McCracken (Derek Webb's wife - who is pint-sized in real life, but with a voice that could move the trees).
7. You know you know Jon Foreman. He is my all-time favorite.
8. Preson Phillips will (I can't believe I'm saying this...) bless your socks off. You must download- and really listen. The observant & the anawim is outrageously good.
9. Kanyeah right! I only have ears for the Weepies.
10. Gungor! I've been listening to Michael Gungor since 2003 - that Doxology was insane. And they've only gotten better.

There's so much good music out there, so discover something new and lovely today!

4 comments:

Faith My Eyes said...

Once again, I can not keep up with you... I checked out some of these bands (ok, half I already know about, but only half) and think that I have some new music to discover!

But for you, surely it has not escaped your notice that Preson Phillips has a new album out and it is twice as good as the first one. Another artist that I really enjoy from C&L is Danny Bashta, check him out!

Sketchism said...

I heard of Gungor for the first time this past week listening to the RELEVANT podcast, where they did a live performance and a brief interview. Great stuff! Thought you might wanna listen to it.

Thanks, Annemaroo!

Mara said...

I accidentally discovered Gungor the other day and absolutely fell in love. I have had Beautiful Things stuck in my head for days. Amazing.

Lauren said...

is it bad to say that I havent heard of any expect Gungor. I heard about Gungor two days ago. I'm bad :(