Monday, April 26

Where I Am Right Now

From Marta, on My Big, Fat, Cuban Family: I usually do this every six months or so, just to kind of "take the temperature" of where my life is at the time. I encourage you to do the same. It's a wonderful way to celebrate the extraordinarily ordinary lives we lead.

Outside my window... my car, which I just made my very final payment on. I'm pretty thrilled to finally have it paid off TODAY!!!

I am thinking... how to get my sewing machine to cooperate with my dreams of sewn greatness and visions of blanket and tote bag grandeur. It is NOT. cooperating. Yet...

I am thankful for... my amazing brothers and sisters in Wake Forest, NC. This is a beautiful place that I am blessed to call home.

From the kitchen... almost all the ingredients I'll need to get started on my perfect slaw!

I am wearing...PJ's. Don't judge me.

I am creating... a tote bag. Unfortunately, my sewing machine does not seem to have the same goals in mind.

I am going... to my favorite restaurant for dinner - Red Bowl with my amazing friend and vocalist Callie, right after Cycle class at the YMCA.

I am reading... The Gospel for Real Life by Jerry Bridges

I am hoping... that my conversations and friendships are always seasoned with generosity, integrity, authenticity and laughter.

I am hearing... Veronica Mars, season 1, playing in the background. She's all kinds of awesome, and on days like this, I channel my inner 15-year-old.

Around the house...
I'm running laundry, tinkering with my 40-year-old Singer machine, and psyching myself out for cycle class in an hour.

One of my favorite things... Moleskine journal. I bought my first one two months ago, and I just love to jot things down in there. Things I'm thinking, things I'm learning, things God is doing.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
three coffee/chat/prayer times with different girlfriends. Church planting conference in the triangle today and tomorrow (David Platt is my favorite). Andrew Peterson concert and getaway to the mountains this weekend. Good things. Great week.

A picture to share...

Some of the lovely people I get to do life with. @janelleroseknox

@theloaf

@samanthacrowder

and me, @annemaroo


Please feel free to join in. Tell me about your day. If you decide to write this on your own blog or on Facebook, please leave a comment with a link. Thanks!

Happy Monday.

3 comments:

Marta said...

Hi Anne Marie,

Thanks for playing along. Your extraordinarily ordinary life sounds lovely. One day I will have to visit NC.

Besos,
Marta

Nicole said...

Hey Anne Marie Fields!

Just doing a lil grad school finals cramming procrastination on fb and I stumbled upon ya. You write very well. This doesnt shock me but I never knew it was one of your things. Your ideas are so clear and reading your blog is easy. I gather you are getting some sort of theology degree with plans to minister or something of the sort? Should serve you well in that pursuit. Hope all is well.

Nicole Palilonis

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there right now enjoying some of those things & spending time with YOU! Love, meeee